Sunday, November 29, 2015

Repurposed Frame

 
 
Altered Home Décor Picture Frame
Hi, it’s Angela & I am sharing my designer project for this month. Our challenge was to create a project using white, gold or silver. This was a tough project for me and I finally settled on altering an existing home décor item that I purchased on clearance from Hobby Lobby. I was inspired by a favorite black & white photo of my daughter & myself that was taken at an event in my store. The photo brings back fond memories and the fun we had during that day! Let me share with you how I created this project.
 

*Altering an home décor item is easy with a little spray paint
*Spray the metal parts of the décor piece with white paint
 

*Allow piece to air dry
*with sponge apply Mushroom alcohol ink to create a vintage look to the metal
 

*Cut shimmer sheetz into 3/4” strips and emboss from both ends thru the Big Shot machine
*Lightly sand the shimmer sheetz and apply Mushroom ink with the sponge to achieve a vintage look
 
*Miter both ends of the shimmer sheetz and place at the top of the frame with ECD tape
*Repeat with the bottom and both sides of the frame
*Crop the photo to the size and place on top of the rectangle and tape in place, lightly ink the edges

 
I am happy with how this project turned out. The embossed shimmer sheetz look similar to old tin ceiling tiles and I love the vintage look. Each time I see this project, I will smile at the memory of that photo. I hope this project inspires you to alter an expensive item and turn it into something completely different!
 
Silver Shimmer Sheetz
KB 102 Trendy Tiles Embossing Folder
ECD Tape
 
Other Supplies:
White spray paint
Mushroom Distress Ink
Sponge and handle
Home Décor Item
 

No comments:

Post a Comment